When applying for a New Construction building permit you must have all of the following:
- 2 sets of paper plans, 1 PDF copy
- Building permit application (Available here)
- Storm water permit application (Available here)
- Site plan of lot OR survey
- Pink copy of sewer impact permit from Jefferson County Environmental services OR plot plan for septic tank.
- Signed agreement regarding subcontractor's list
If you have any additional questions please call our office at 205-841-8306 or you can email
the Inspections Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a minimum two day waiting period from the time application is made to the application approval. This is to allow a sufficient plan review period for the Building/Fire Inspector.