The Fultondale department for business licensing, permits, and inspections is part of the Municipal Annex Building. Providing easy access to submit various applications in person. All of our application forms are available digitally for easy download and completion at your convenience.
Apply For Permits Online!
If you pay for the permit with a credit card, there will be a 3.25% service fee ($2 minimum fee).
Residential & Commercial New Construction
To construct new builds within either the residential or commercial sector, specific building permits will need to be acquired. You can find the application form here, as well as full details of what is required before you can complete your application.
When applying for a New Construction building permit you must have all of the following:
- 2 sets of paper plans (Engineer Stamped if Commercial), (Drawing # Assigned if Residential), and 1 PDF copy.
- Building permit application
- Storm water permit application
- Site plan of lot OR survey
- The pink copy of the sewer impact permit from Jefferson County Environmental services OR plot plan for a septic tank.
- Signed agreement regarding subcontractor's list
- Residential Plan Review Guide
- Commercial Plan Review Guide
- AL State Board Requirements
Zoning Ordinance 433
If you require information on planning and zoning, you can download the necessary paperwork online here.
Planning and Zoning
Other planning and zoning information, permits, and licenses can be found here for digital download.
Apply For A Building Permit
If you have plans for building works, you may need to acquire a building permit.
Here you can find forms for all of our different building permits, which can then be sent to our office for approval.
Have any Questions?
All questions should be called into the department on our phone number at 205-841-8306 or emailed to our team at email@example.com. Please make your questions clear and, if possible, reference the specific support you need – for example, zoning, annexation, or new building permits.